Phase 1 – Schematic Design / Site Evaluation
- Client meetings to establish the building program and to review the design concepts.
- Research existing site data and prepare a site base drawing.
- Arrange pre-design meetings with city / county staff to determine project acceptability and any design issues of particular concern.
- Develop preliminary site and floor plan based upon the client’s program.
- Develop preliminary elevation(s) of building.
- Review the preliminary designs with the city / county staff.
Phase 2 – Design Development / Planning Permit Processing (For non-residential projects)
- Refine the design of the preliminary site and floor plans.
- Develop all building exterior elevations.
- Coordinate the design work with consultants as may be required.
- Prepare planning permit applications.
- Provide the development plan package, which will include site plans, floor plans, exterior elevations, building sections, and roof plan.
- Prepare the materials and color board.
- Coordinate the planning submittal process.
- Represent the client at public hearing(s).
Phase 3 – Construction Documents / Building Permit Processing
- Provide Architectural Construction Documents based upon the client and city/county approved schematic plans and elevations.
- Provide sheet format material specifications.
- Provide and coordinate consulting engineering documents, including civil, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical engineers, landscape architect, and interior designer, as may be required.
- Coordinate our work with client contracted consulting engineers or product suppliers, as may be required.
- Provide meetings and coordination throughout the process.
- Submit and process construction documents for plan check and building permit approval process.
- Assist in obtaining other governmental agency sign-offs, as may be required.
Phase 4 – Bidding / Construction Administration
- Prepare and distribute Bid Documents to General Contractors and assist in the bidding process.
- Provide basic Construction Administration services, including:
- Jobsite observation visits/construction meetings.
- Drawing clarifications and supplemental documents as necessary.
- Review Contractor submittals and shop drawings.
- Review Change Orders and Contractor Payment Requests.
- Final Walk-Through, Punch List, and Certificate of Substantial Completion.